Monday, May 5, 2008

Finally Alone

The roommates are finally gone and Kassandre (my girlfriend) and I finally have the apartment all to ourselves. Very exciting. We are painting the living room. That is to say we have painted the living room. By which I really mean Kassandre has painted the living room. (I helped scrub down the walls with that nasty smelling ammonia before running off to work though). Final touch ups went up this morning, the paint is dry, and I have just moved the furniture back into the room. It's very nice. The walls are painted mainly in a type of blue-green color, which looks more like green in natural light and more like blue in artificial light. We have an accent wall of pretty much just a darker version of the same color. It's so much better than the white we had before.

I also finally installed an under the cabinet radio/CD player in the kitchen that I've had just sitting on the counter for months. I just bought a new power drill/screwdriver yesterday so that really came in handy lol. Eventually we will paint the trim around our fireplace and also the ceiling, which will stay white. The white looks good with the new colors. I don't think we'll be painting the trim around the windows just yet, though. We're supposed to get new windows sometime this summer, which means that more than likely we'll also have to repaint some of the wall around the window when that happens. We'll have the carpets professionally cleaned sometime within the coming week as well. It's been a while since we've had that done.

So, in some other news, that guy who was throwing a fit about the eggs on sale that I mentioned in one of my previous blogs (here) came back into the store again the other night. He got into my line right behind a customer with a large order, who was also getting me to write a bunch of rainchecks when we were done. The line started to build up so I directed customers to the cosmetics stand to get rung up there. Everyone in line except the old grouchy guy left. I was still helping this lady when the line started to build up again, and once again I announced that cosmetics was open for ringing, and once again everyone left but the old guy. Even one more time I announced it because I was taking a while with the lady. But after even three times the old man still just stood there. Finally, when I was only moments away from being done with the customer I had, the old man made a noise, rolled his eyes, and started shaking his head, finally heading for cosmetics himself.

Well, the story doesn't end there. He wants cigarettes. So, the girl from cosmetics comes to grab them for him. We don't have them in stock though. She goes back to tell him, and seconds later she comes running back for another kind. She grabs them, only to return moments later to grab the 100's. She said that he didn't specify getting the 100's before, and because she didn't automatically know to get them without being told, now nobody in the store can understand English, according to this guy. He made it a point to say that he tries to avoid our store as much as possible and when he does come in he tries to stay for as little time as possible. Why just never come back in again you old grouch?! Seriously, that man is a nightmare!

Don't get me wrong, though. You see me talking about all these bad customers, but we have very nice ones too, and many of the nicest customers are also our regulars. But how boring would the blog be if all I did was talk about the nice ones, when the stories that entertain most come from the ones being jerks? lol.

Well that's all I have for now, so until next time!

No comments: