Wednesday, April 23, 2008

GROSS!!!

So today at work, one of my co-workers and I had to clean up after someone who left a pretty nasty mess in the bathroom. This guy's diarrhoea was smeared across the floor, and some of it was on the wall. Both my co-worker and I were gagging over it as we were cleaning it up. The smell was so bad that you could smell it at the back of aisle 9 and in the break room, and there is a whole other room between these areas and the bathroom! We emptied about half a can of odor-killing air freshener into the bathroom and could still smell it. We poured about two inches of bleach in with the water in the mop bucket for mopping the floor (after wiping the area by putting down paper towels over it and using a broom to sweep it) . We then threw away the broom and the mop that we used along with the paper towels. We spayed even more odor-killing air freshener into the bathroom as we left, and about half an hour later the boss reported the bathroom now smelled more like a swimming pool.

Despite the fact that I was wearing thick gloves while cleaning, I knew that I still needed to wash up. I grabbed the strongest hand soap that I could find and some hand sanitiser off the shelf and had the boss store expense them and washed up with the water as hot as I could possibly stand it. I then told the boss that I was NEVER doing that again, that I would straight out quit before doing it again. And I meant it too. Never ever. Sick.

In other news, I did get to see the inside of that apartment today before heading off to work. The old carpet had already been torn completely out, but it was still pretty dirty in there. It needs to be aired out, cleaned, and repainted. They plan to have this done in less than a week, with a new carpet being installed in 4 days. Or was it 3 days? Don't remember for sure now.

I can't wait for my weekend to begin. I keep thinking that I have tomorrow off only to remember that I have a closing shift, with my days off being Friday and Saturday. Oh well. Today was the third day this week that I put in more time than I was supposed to, so at least that will help out on my next pay check.

And in still other news, today is the birthday of a cousin of mine who has pretty much distanced himself from the family. After years of not seeing or hearing from him, I found out that he works only a few blocks away from where I work. I got a birthday card to give to him but he wasn't at work today, so I'll have to try tomorrow. I went in to talk to him when I first found out he was there, but the conversation was pretty short. He was busy, though. Hopefully this will make him realize that his family still cares, whether he believes it or not.

Well that's all I have for now! Until next time!

No comments: