Friday, April 25, 2008

Yes, sir, it really is that much.

So a semi-regular, an old guy who comes in with a walker that has a seat on it, came in last night. This guy's kinda crazy. He'll routinely pick up a light bulb off the shelf and say "you see this! Thomas Edison invented this!" When he talks he always sounds like he's talking through a glass of water. He's always got earplugs hanging around his neck, too. And last night, he wasted a lot of my time.

I closed photo last night, can't remember the last time that I did that, and instead of going up front to pay, he came to photo to pay. So I rang up all of his items and his coupons. The total came out to a little over 40 dollars, and he said that he didn't see how it was that much. (Maybe because you bought all of this shit?! lol). So anyway, I started by showing his the receipt and going over it with him. He still didn't get it, even after going over it with him twice. I grabbed a calculator out of the drawer and added up the totals for him to see. He still didn't get it. I even went over it that way with him twice. He grabbed some paper and started writing amounts down to add up, and added wrong. So he still thought that he ought to be paying less. I then took some paper and wrote down the amounts for him and added them all up myself for him to see, and then finally as he looks at it he goes "yea, okay, you're right, that's the right price" and he pays. In the meantime my line at photo has grown. Luckily an assistant manager had just come by and seen what this guy was putting me through and helped me clear out the line behind him. Sheesh.

Work itself was good though. Ended up staying late to get the store extra good since district is supposed to be coming in today. It's my day off so I won't have to see them. Hahaha. Thank god we recently got a second telxon (the remote 'gun' we use to scan things to perform varies functions around the store) or we may have been there even later.

Before work Kassandre (my girlfriend) and I planted in the yard some flowers she had bought several weeks ago that were dying from being in their little plastic planters for so long. They were horribly root bound, but I think that there's still a chance for survival. Not all of the flowers were dead, and there's still a lot of green in them as well. We'll see though.

And Ubuntu 8.04 in finally out. I downloaded it yesterday while I was at work, burned it onto a CD last night, and plan on getting it installed sometime today. I ran a live session of it last night and it seems to have some improved features right out of the box already. I didn't have a chance to check it out in detail, especially since it was only the live CD and not an actual complete install, but I look forward to seeing what all it can do.

And that's all I have for now, so until next time!

No comments: